Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ingredient of the week: Zucchini

I know it isn't in season in my area, but it was plentiful at the market this past weekend.  The dinner I made was delicious!  I sliced up the zucchini into approx. 1/2" slices.  I then cut 6 of the slices into half-moons.  I sauteed the zucchini in olive oil with 1 clove of chopped garlic.  (Next time I might add some red pepper, roasted red pepper, or red pepper flakes for some extra flavor).  I learned that they are done being cooked when the centers are slightly translucent--took 5-7 minutes I think. I added the zucchini, garlic, and a little of the olive oil from the pan to a bowl of rotini pasta* with some homemade pesto already mixed in.  Combine and enjoy!  I had a spring mix salad with tomatoes, red onion, and goat cheese on the side, making a great veggie meal!  


 

*Thanks to Alicia for the saute and add to pasta idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment